National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
A.Yu. Krymsky Institute of Oriental Studies
International Scientific Conference
“XIX A. Krymsky Oriental Studies Readings”
deducated to the 120th anniversary of Andriy Kovalivsky
We’d like to invite you to take part in the international scientific conference “XIX A. Krymsky Oriental Studies Reading”. The Conference will be held on October 16-17, 2015 at A.Yu. Krymsky Institute of Oriental Studies of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
We’ll have several sections within the Conference framework:
- Eastern source studies in scientific heritage of A. Kovalivsky;
- Ibn Fadlan in scientific interests of A. Kovalivsky;
- History of Ukrainian oriental studies in scientific works of A. Kovalivsky;
- Arabic language and literature;
- New papers related to scientific biography of A.Kovalivsky;
- History, etnography, languages and literature of Turkic ethnos of Eurasia;
- Far East: languages, history and cultures;
- Religions and philosophy doctrines of East;
- Ancient East;
- the Iranian studies and Indology;
- Modern East.
Conference languages – Ukrainian, Russian and English.
Abstracts and reports (edited and reviewed texts should not be more than 2000 symbols including spacing) should be sent by e-mail (MS Word or RTF). Closing date for the submissions is September 1, 2015.
Requirements for the abstracts:
- for transliteration please use the symbols of the International Phonetic Alphabet only;
- please do not use signs that are not in the table of additional symbols for Windows XP;
- please use common font size for the title;
- abstracts should not contain any references, bibliography, tables, diagrams, illustrations;
- please do not make indents by using space button;
- please use bold font for any accentuation only;
- please send the abstract together with filled registration form (information about author).
The abstracts and reports that are not related to the conference scope, exceed 2000 signs, are incomplete, do not fully meet submission requirements, sent without filled author registration form and provided on/after September 1, 2015 will not be considered. The Organizing Committee reserves the right for making the final decision to accept or reject the submitted abstracts. You can contact with the Committee for the results of evaluation of the submitted abstract.
All accepted papers can be published in the conference proceedings. The cost of one abstract publication is 200 gryvnia. This fee must be submitted together with the hard copy of the paper to the Organizing Committee or sent by post.
Please send your abstracts at attachment (subject: Krymsky) by e-mail:
Travel, accommodation and meal expenses are paid by the participants at their own expenses.
Organizing Committee tel.: (044) 278-76-52, (044) 278-5423
Address of the Organizing Committee: 4, M. Grushevsky St., of. 205, Kyiv, 01001, Ukraine. National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, A.Yu. Krymsky Institute of Oriental Studies.
Please fill the registration form for authors and send it together with your abstract in electronic format.
Registration form for participants
at “XIХ A. Krymsky Oriental Studies Reading”
Full name (Last name, first name, middle name)
Scientific degree, scientific title
Organization (full name)
Title of paper
Telephone and fax
The Organizing Committee